Terms of Service
DUDE PRODUCTS, INC. TERMS OF SERVICE
Last updated: March 23, 2020.
THESE TERMS OF SERVICE (“AGREEMENT”) ARE A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (“YOU”, “YOUR”, OR “CUSTOMER”) AND DUDE PRODUCTS, INC. (“WE” OR “DUDE PRODUCTS”), THE OWNER AND OPERATOR OF THE WWW.DUDEPRODUCTS.COM WEBSITE (THE “SITE”). THIS AGREEMENT STATES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT GOVERN YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE PRODUCTS SOLD ON IT. BY ACCESSING AND USING THE SITE, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU ACCEPT, AND AGREE TO COMPLY WITH, THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO, AND YOU MUST NOT, ACCESS OR USE THE SITE OR PURCHASE PRODUCTS FROM THE SITE.
By purchasing from the site (as defined below), you represent, acknowledge and agree that you are at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, or if you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, that you are at least 13 years old, and that you are using the Site with the consent of your parent or legal guardian and that you have received your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter into this Agreement. If you are a parent or legal guardian who is registering on behalf of a minor, you hereby agree to bind said minor to this Agreement and to fully indemnify and hold harmless Dude Products if said minor breaches or disaffirms any term or condition of this Agreement.
1 – CHANGES TO TERMS; PERSONAL INFORMATION/PRIVACY
1.1 – CHANGES TO THE SITE
Dude Products may add to, change or remove any part of the Site, including, without limitation, any Content (as defined below) therein, at any time without prior notice to you. Dude Products may update this Agreement at any time by posting the updated version on the site.
1.2 – PERSONAL INFORMATION/PRIVACY
2.2 – USE OF SITE; PROHIBITIONS
Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, Dude Products hereby grants you a limited, personal, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, and non-exclusive license to access the Site and use the content, information, text, images, graphics, interfaces, audio and video clips and any other materials displayed on the Site (collectively, the “Content”), solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not copy, modify, reproduce, publicly display or perform, distribute, create derivate works from or otherwise use the Content except as expressly set forth in this Agreement. You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from any Content. If you breach any term of this Agreement, your authorization to use the Site and Content automatically terminates without notice to you.
You hereby represent and warrant that you will not, and will not induce any third party to: (a) attempt to disable or circumvent any security mechanisms used by the Site or Content or otherwise attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the Site or Content or any other systems or networks connected to the Site, or to any server of Dude Products or its third party service providers, by hacking, password “mining”, or any other illegal means; (b) use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider”, or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any comparable manual process, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Site or Content; (c) use any device, software or routine to interrupt or interfere with, or attempt to interrupt or interfere with, the proper operation and working of the Site or with any other person’s use of the Site; (d) track or seek to trace, harvest or compile any information on any other person who visits the Site; (e) use the Site or Content for, or in connection with, any illegal purpose, to solicit, facilitate, encourage, condone, or induce any illegal activity, or as otherwise prohibited by this Agreement or applicable laws, rules or regulations; or (f) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of any proprietary software used to provide, maintain, or otherwise applicable to the Site or Content.
3 - TERMS OF SALE
3.1 - SALES OF PRODUCTS TO END USERS ONLY
Dude Products sells wipes and other grooming supplies (the “Product(s)”) from the Site to end-user customers only for their own personal, non-commercial use. You may not purchase Products for further distribution or resale or for any other commercial or business purpose. We reserve the right to limit the quantity of Products purchased per person, per household or per order.
3.2 - PRICING
Products are offered by Dude Products through the Website are only an offer to conclude a sales contract. The sales contract is only concluded upon the confirmation of the order by e-mail by Dude Products to You. The price of a product as shown on the Website is the NET PRICE of the product plus additonal shipping, but not including any applicable taxes. The total price of your order will be reflected on Our final checkout page. An order receipt shall be sent to the email address you provided during sign up showing the final total price as well. The net price for Products can be found on Dude Products’s then-current pricing page located on the Site at: http://www.dudeproducts.com/collections/. Dude Products reserves the right to change the prices and fees for Products at any time, and does not provide price protection or refunds in the event of promotions or price decreases. The foregoing is inapplicable in Quebec.
3.3 – REFUND POLICY
Dude Products will refund the amount paid for your most recent purchase of Products subject to the following terms. Refund requests must be made directly to Dude Products at email@example.com. All refund requests must be made within thirty (30) days of the date of delivery by Dude Products. In response to your refund request, Dude Products will credit the amount paid for the returned Product (less any shipping and handling costs and fees related to the original purchase, which are non-refundable) to the credit card you used to make the original purchase. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Dude Products does not control when a specific credit card company processes a chargeback transaction. You are responsible for contacting your credit card company if you have questions about the status of the chargeback.
Dude Products may in its sole discretion provide a refund for a request that is received by Dude Products more than thirty (30) days after the date of original delivery. Dude Products also does not provide a refund for returned Products that are damaged due to misuse, lack of care, mishandling, accident, abuse or other abnormal use.
3.4 – Payment Methods; Automatic Monthly Subcription Renewals and Subcription Cancellation Policy
Dude Products accepts various Payment Methods. You agree to pay all fees charged to your account based on DUDE Products fees, charges, and billing terms in effect as shown on the payment page when you first sign-up for a subscription. You are also responsible for paying any sales and use taxes and shipping and handling fees that may apply to your purchase of Products or subscription based on the address that you provide as the shipping address when you register for a subscription, and you authorize DUDE Products or the third party payment processing service provider that we engage to charge your Payment Method for any such taxes and fees. All payments shall be made by your selected Payment Method in advance prior to shipping the Products. If you do not pay on time or if your Payment Method cannot be charged for any reason, DUDE Products reserves the right to either suspend or terminate your account and subscription and terminate these Terms of Service. All sales and payments will be in US dollars.
DUDE Products and DUDE Product’s third party payment service provider may receive updated Payment Method information from your credit card or payment method issuer. The disbursement of the updated Payment Method information is provided to DUDE Products and DUDE Product’s third party payment service provider at the election of your credit card and payment method issuer. Neither DUDE Products nor DUDE Product’s third party payment service provider is responsible for the distribution of your credit card or payment method information. It is at the sole election of your credit card or payment method issuer. Your credit card or payment method issuer may give you the right to opt out of the update service. It is your responsibility to contact your credit card or payment method issuer with regards to your right to opt out of the update service
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO CONSUMER:
MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION RENEWAL FEES WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED TO YOUR CARD ON FILE EACH MONTH. DUDE Products will automatically renew your subscription on each monthly anniversary date of the subscription (or bi-monthly anniversary date, depending on the subscription selections you make) and, as authorized by you by checking the box demonstrating your consent for automatic monthly renewal of your subscription during the sign-up process, we will charge your Payment Method with the applicable subscription fee and any shipping and handling costs and sales or similar taxes that may be imposed on your subscription fee payments. Each subscription renewal period is for one month.
SUBSCRIPTION CANCELLATION. You may cancel your subscription at any time by logging on to your account page within dudeproducts.com. To cancel a subscription, please log in to your account on the Site and follow instructions. Cancellation must be received at least one full calendar day prior to your next shipping date to avoid being charged for that shipment. Cancellation requests received after that shall take effect the following month. Cancellation requests received by DUDE Products through other channels may take up to five (5) days to process. If you have any problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. DUDE Products requires a reasonable amount of time to process your subscription cancellation request. If you cancel your subscription, you will enjoy your subscription benefits until the end of the then-current subscription term, and your subscription benefits will expire at the end of the then-current subscription term for which you have paid. You will not be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fees paid for any unused days of the then-current subscription term.
3.6 – Shipping and Product Acceptance
The shipment date will be determined according to whichever date is closer to the date of the Customer’s first purchase date. Shipping dates are estimates only. All shipments are sent Priority Mail or First-Class mail via the US Postal Service. The risk of loss and title for all Products purchased via the Site pass to the Customer upon delivery of the item to the carrier.
3.5 – SHIPPING AND PRODUCT ACCEPTANCE
Shipping dates are estimates only. All shipments are delivered via USPS. The risk of loss and title for all Products purchased via the Site pass to the Customer upon delivery of the item to the carrier.
3.6 – CORRESPONDENCE
Any and all correspondences sent, issued, expressed, or transmitted by Dude Products or any of its affiliates to You shall strictly be in the English language. Correspondences shall include but not be limited to Dude Products mailing envelopes and/or boxes, postcards, business cards, and any and all other mailings including but not limited to electronic mail.
3.7 – Free Month
Your subscription may start with a free trial, allowing you to receive your first DUDE Products shipment free ("Free Trial"). At the time of sign-up, your Payment Method will just be charged for shipping and taxes, if applicable. For combinations with other offers, restrictions may apply. DUDE Products reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to determine your Free Trial eligibility.
We will begin billing your Payment Method the applicable monthly subscription fees -- based on the option type you selected -- at the end of the Free Trial unless you cancel your subscription prior to the end of the Free Trial. To view the specific details of your subscription, including monthly subscription price and end date of your Free Trial, visit our website and click the "Your Account" page. We may authorize your Payment Method through various methods, including authorizing it up to approximately one month of service as soon as you register. In some instances, your available balance or credit limit may be reduced to reflect the authorization during your Free Trial period.
You will not receive a notice from us that your Free Trial period has ended or that the paying portion of your subscription has begun. To avoid being charged after the expiration of your Free Trial, you must cancel your subscription prior to the end of the first month. We will continue to bill your Payment Method on a monthly or bi-monthly basis (depending on your selection) for your subscription fee until you cancel.
DUDE Products reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to withdraw or modify any Free Trial offerings or promotions at any time without prior notice and with no liability.
4 – PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
You hereby acknowledge and agree that Dude Products or its licensors own all legal right, title and interest in and to the Site and Content, including, without limitation, any and all intellectual property and other proprietary rights which subsist in the Site and Content, whether such rights are registered or unregistered, and wherever in the world those rights may exist.
Dude Products is a pending trademark of Dude Products in USA. Other trademarks, names and logos on this Site are the property of their respective owners. Unless otherwise specified in this Agreement, all information and screens appearing on this Site, including Content, site design, text, graphics, logos, images and icons, as well as the arrangement thereof, are the sole property of Dude Products. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Except as otherwise required or limited by applicable law, any reproduction, distribution, modification, retransmission, or publication of any copyrighted material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the copyright owner or license.
5 – THIRD PARTY SITES; INDEMNIFICATION
5.1 – THIRD PARTY WEB SITES
5.2 – INDEMNIFICATION
You hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold each of the Dude Products Parties (as defined in Section 6 below) harmless from and against, any and all losses, liabilities, damages, and/or claims (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and costs) arising from your breach of this Agreement, or otherwise arising from your (or anyone acting under your password) use or misuse of the Site, Content or Products.
6 – DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE LAWS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS, INCLUDING QUEBEC, DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LEGAL WARRANTIES AND THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF REPRESENTATIONS MADE CONCERNING GOODS OR SERVICES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE BELOW EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THE SITE, CONTENT, PRODUCTS ARE FURNISHED TO YOU WITHOUT WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR CONDITIONS, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, OF ANY KIND. DUDE PRODUCTS, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “DUDE PRODUCTS PARTIES”): (A) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (B) DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE, CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR MEMBERSHIPS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR CONTENT WILL BE TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED, STABLE, OR SECURE; (C) DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE, CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR MEMBERSHIPS WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; (D) DOES NOT REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; AND (E) DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT OR PRODUCTS IN TERMS OF THEIR ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, OR OTHERWISE. YOUR USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT, AND PRODUCTS IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT, AND PRODUCTS.
THIS LIMITATION OF REMEDIES IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND DUDE PRODUCTS. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY DUDE PRODUCTS OR ANY PERSON ON BEHALF OF DUDE PRODUCTS SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR CONDITION, OR IN ANY WAY CHANGE THIS EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY.
7 – LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE LAWS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS, DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OR OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE BELOW EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
7.1 – IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY DUDE PRODUCTS PARTY BE LIABLE TO YOU, OR ANY THIRD PARTY, FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, RELIANCE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF VALUE OF THE PRODUCTS OR LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY), EVEN IF A DUDE PRODUCTS PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
7.2 – IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, A DUDE PRODUCTS PARTY IS FOUND TO BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS WHICH ARISES UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT, OR PRODUCTS, THE RELEVANT DUDE PRODUCTS PARTY’S TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE GREATER OF: (A) THE AMOUNT YOU PAID DUDE PRODUCTS FOR THE PRODUCTS OR MEMBERSHIP, AS APPLICABLE; AND (B) THE SUM OF ONE HUNDRED US DOLLARS (US$100).
8 – DISPUTE AND ARBITRATION; CLASS ACTION WAIVER; CHOICE OF LAW
8.1 - DISPUTE AND ARBITRATION; CLASS ACTION WAIVER
8.1(A) – UNITED STATES
Please read this carefully. It affects your rights.
Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to a customer’s satisfaction by writing to our customer service department at email@example.com or Dude Products, Attn: Customer Service 3501 Southport Ave, #476, Chicago, IL 60657. In the unlikely event that our customer service department is unable to resolve a complaint you may have to your satisfaction (or if we have not been able to resolve a dispute we have with you after attempting to do so informally), we each agree to resolve those disputes ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT (OTHER THAN THOSE RELATED TO DUDE PRODUCTS’S ENFORCEMENT AND PROTECTION OF ITS NAME AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS) through binding arbitration or small claims court instead of in courts of general jurisdiction. This includes any claims against other parties relating to services or products provided or billed to you (such as our licensors, suppliers, dealers or third party vendors) whenever you also assert claims against us in the same proceeding.
Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than in court, and is subject to very limited review by courts. The arbitrator must follow this Agreement and can award the same damages and relief that a court can award.
We each also agree that this Agreement affects interstate commerce so that the Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply (despite the choice of law provision in Section 8.2 below). ANY ARBITRATION UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL TAKE PLACE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS; CLASS ARBITRATIONS AND CLASS ACTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED. Neither you nor Dude Products has the right to act as a class representative or class representative or participate as a member of a class of claimants with respect to any claim.
All disputes relating in any way, directly or indirectly, to Dude Products for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, personal injury, intentional torts or other tort will be arbitrated according to the rules of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) in CHICAGO, Illinois, including any dispute about the scope of this arbitration agreement, and including all questions about the types of disputes that are subject to this arbitration agreement, all of which you agree will be decided by the arbitrators, whose decision will be final and binding on you. Any issue concerning the extent to which a dispute is subject to arbitration, or concerning the applicability, interpretation or enforceability of this Agreement, including any contention that all or part of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and resolved by the arbitrators. You acknowledge and agree that, in any arbitration proceeding, no depositions will be taken, and all other forms of discovery of facts will be limited to those things that the arbitrators determine, in their sole discretion, to be necessary. Further, in any arbitration proceeding, (i) there shall be no award of punitive, exemplary, incidental or consequential or other special damages, (ii) all damages claims and awards will be governed by the provisions of the Illinois Civil Code, and (iii) the parties will conduct the arbitration confidentially and expeditiously and will pay their own costs and expenses of arbitration, including their own attorneys’ fees. If you are unable to afford the AAA fee, you agree to notify all persons against whom you have an arbitrable claim and give such persons the opportunity individually and as a group to pay such fee. The proceeding and the decision shall be kept confidential by the parties.
8.2 – CHOICE OF LAW
Unless the applicable laws of require that the laws of that jurisdiction govern, in which case, the laws of such jurisdiction are to govern, this Agreement is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, applicable federal law, and the laws of the state of ILLINOIS, without regard to its conflicts of laws rules. Arbitration or court proceedings must be in ILLINOIS. If any provision of the Agreement is invalid under the law of a particular jurisdiction, that provision will not apply in that jurisdiction. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded from this Agreement.
9 – ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS; GENERAL TERMS
9.1 – ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
Whenever you visit our Site or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. For that reason, you also consent to receive communications from us electronically regarding administrative or account information. Since these administrative or account electronic communications are essential to the successful and effective functioning of your purchase the sole remedy to opt-out is to cancel your order. You may cancel your account either by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will communicate with you by email (if you have provided your email address to us), by posting notices on our Site or by such other means as we may determine from time-to-time. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
9.2– GENERAL TERMS
SMS/MMS MOBILE MESSAGE MARKETING PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. User Opt In: The Program allows Users to receive SMS/MMS mobile messages by affirmatively opting into the Program, such as through online or application-based enrollment forms. Regardless of the opt-in method you utilized to join the Program, you agree that this Agreement applies to your participation in the Program. By participating in the Program, you agree to receive autodialed or prerecorded marketing mobile messages at the phone number associated with your opt-in, and you understand that consent is not required to make any purchase from Us. While you consent to receive messages sent using an autodialer, the foregoing shall not be interpreted to suggest or imply that any or all of Our mobile messages are sent using an automatic telephone dialing system (“ATDS” or “autodialer”). Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.
2. User Opt Out: If you do not wish to continue participating in the Program or no longer agree to this Agreement, you agree to reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT to any mobile message from Us in order to opt out of the Program. You may receive an additional mobile message confirming your decision to opt out. You understand and agree that the foregoing options are the only reasonable methods of opting out. You acknowledge that our text message platform may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that alter, change, or modify the STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT keyword commands, such as the use of different spellings or the addition of other words or phrases to the command, and agree that DUDE PRODUCTS SHOPIFY and its service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such requests. You also understand and agree that any other method of opting out, including, but not limited to, texting words other than those set forth above or verbally requesting one of our employees to remove you from our list, is not a reasonable means of opting out.
3. Program Description: Without limiting the scope of the Program, users that opt into the Program can expect to receive messages concerning the marketing, promotion, payment, delivery and sale of Goods or Content Provided by DUDE Products, Inc. Messages may include checkout reminders.
4. Cost and Frequency: Message and data rates may apply. You agree to receive messages periodically at Our discretion. Daily, weekly, and monthly message frequency will vary. The Program involves recurring mobile messages, and additional mobile messages may be sent periodically based on your interaction with Us.
5. Support Instructions: For support regarding the Program, text “HELP” to the number you received messages from or email us at HELP@DUDEPRODUCTS.COM Please note that the use of this email address is not an acceptable method of opting out of the program. Opt outs must be submitted in accordance with the procedures set forth above.
6. MMS Disclosure: The Program will send SMS TMs (terminating messages) if your mobile device does not support MMS messaging.
7. Our Disclaimer of Warranty: The Program is offered on an "as-is" basis and may not be available in all areas at all times and may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other changes made by your wireless carrier. We will not be liable for any delays or failures in the receipt of any mobile messages connected with this Program. Delivery of mobile messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator and is outside of Our control. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered mobile messages.
8. Participant Requirements: You must have a wireless device of your own, capable of two-way messaging, be using a participating wireless carrier, and be a wireless service subscriber with text messaging service. Not all cellular phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions.
9. Age Restriction: You may not use or engage with the Platform if you are under thirteen (13) years of age. If you use or engage with the Platform and are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) years of age, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to do so. By using or engaging with the Platform, you acknowledge and agree that you are not under the age of thirteen (13) years, are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) and have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use or engage with the Platform, or are of adult age in your jurisdiction. By using or engaging with the Platform, you also acknowledge and agree that you are permitted by your jurisdiction’s Applicable Law to use and/or engage with the Platform.
10. Prohibited Content: You acknowledge and agree to not send any prohibited content over the Platform. Prohibited content includes:
- Any fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing, or stalking activity;
- Objectionable content, including profanity, obscenity, lasciviousness, violence, bigotry, hatred, and discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- Pirated computer programs, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other harmful code;
- Any product, service, or promotion that is unlawful where such product, service, or promotion thereof is received;
- Any content that implicates and/or references personal health information that is protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) or the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (“HITEC” Act); and
- Any other content that is prohibited by Applicable Law in the jurisdiction from which the message is sent.
11. Dispute Resolution: In the event that there is a dispute, claim, or controversy between you and Us, or between you and Stodge Inc. d/b/a Postscript or any other third-party service provider acting on Our behalf to transmit the mobile messages within the scope of the Program, arising out of or relating to federal or state statutory claims, common law claims, this Agreement, or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, such dispute, claim, or controversy will be, to the fullest extent permitted by law, determined by arbitration in CHICAGO, IL before one arbitrator.
The parties agree to submit the dispute to binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) then in effect. Except as otherwise provided herein, the arbitrator shall apply the substantive laws of the Federal Judicial Circuit in which DUDE PRODUCTS INC’s principle place of business is located, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. Within ten (10) calendar days after the arbitration demand is served upon a party, the parties must jointly select an arbitrator with at least five years’ experience in that capacity and who has knowledge of and experience with the subject matter of the dispute. If the parties do not agree on an arbitrator within ten (10) calendar days, a party may petition the AAA to appoint an arbitrator, who must satisfy the same experience requirement. In the event of a dispute, the arbitrator shall decide the enforceability and interpretation of this arbitration agreement in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”). The parties also agree that the AAA’s rules governing Emergency Measures of Protection shall apply in lieu of seeking emergency injunctive relief from a court. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding, and no party shall have rights of appeal except for those provided in section 10 of the FAA. Each party shall bear its share of the fees paid for the arbitrator and the administration of the arbitration; however, the arbitrator shall have the power to order one party to pay all or any portion of such fees as part of a well-reasoned decision. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have the authority to award attorneys’ fees only to the extent expressly authorized by statute or contract. The arbitrator shall have no authority to award punitive damages and each party hereby waives any right to seek or recover punitive damages with respect to any dispute resolved by arbitration.
THE PARTIES AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY VIA ARBITRATION AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ARBITRATION PROCEEDING. Further, unless both parties agree otherwise in a signed writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
Except as may be required by law, neither a party nor the arbitrator may disclose the existence, content, or results of any arbitration without the prior written consent of both parties, unless to protect or pursue a legal right. If any term or provision of this Section is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Section or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. If for any reason a dispute proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the parties hereby waive any right to a jury trial. This arbitration provision shall survive any cancellation or termination of your agreement to participate in any of our Programs.
12. Florida Law: We endeavor to comply with the Florida Telemarketing Act and the Florida Do Not Call Act as applicable to Florida residents. For purposes of compliance, you agree that we may assume that you are a Florida resident if, at the time of opt-in to Program, (1) your shipping address, as provided is located in Florida or (2) the area code for the phone number used to opt-into the Program is a Florida area code. You agree that the requirements of the Florida Telemarketing Act and the Florida Do Not Call Act do not apply to you, and you shall not assert that you are a Florida resident, if you do not meet either of these criteria or, in the alternative, do not affirmatively advise us in writing that you are a Florida resident by sending written notice to us. Insofar as you are a Florida resident, you agree that mobile messages sent by Us in direct response to mobile messages or requests from You (including but are not limited to response to Keywords, opt-in, help or stop requests and shipping notifications) shall not constitute a “telephonic sales call” or “commercial telephone solicitation phone call” for purposes of Florida Statutes Section 501 (including but not limited to sections 501.059 and 501.616), to the extent the law is otherwise relevant and applicable.
13. Miscellaneous: You warrant and represent to Us that you have all necessary rights, power, and authority to agree to these Terms and perform your obligations hereunder, and nothing contained in this Agreement or in the performance of such obligations will place you in breach of any other contract or obligation. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein will not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. Any new features, changes, updates or improvements of the Program shall be subject to this Agreement unless explicitly stated otherwise in writing. We reserve the right to change this Agreement from time to time. Any updates to this Agreement shall be communicated to you. You acknowledge your responsibility to review this Agreement from time to time and to be aware of any such changes. By continuing to participate in the Program after any such changes, you accept this Agreement, as modified.