How to Stay Clean in the Wild
You've been hiking all day and it's time to chill. After taking a seat, you realize you're covered in a coat of trail dust and sweat so thick your friends could mistake you for Brendan Fraser in Encino Man. You need to take a camp shower, but you're miles away from a shower head. What's a dude to do?
Showering in the great outdoors has puzzled campers for decades. Here are some of your options for rectifying the situation if you're nowhere near a hot shower:
- Turn your bottle of hand sanitizer into a shower, squirting it all over your naked body.
- Use 30 baby wipes, not getting half the filth you need removed.
- Take the precious water you have left in your canteen and dump it on your head while you prepare for dehydration.
- Dunk 100 cotton balls in the alcohol you brought (not the booze kind, isopropyl alcohol) and give yourself the longest rub down in recorded history.
- Spend thousands of dollars on a propane water heater or a pressure shower.
- Surrender to Mother Earth, you are now a dirty hippy and are already contemplating Burning Man.
There's no need for this nonsense anymore. You no longer need hot water or an outdoor shower to conquer the advanced elements with the DUDE Shower: portable shower wipes.
Don't get it twisted. We are in no way recommending you jump on the glamping bandwagon. Humans are meant to be outdoors. You don't need a solar shower, a foot pump, or gallons of water.
But sometimes you find yourself with no streams or rivers to jump in. Or you're meeting up with your crew after a long day of backpacking or surfing. For enterprising DUDES, it's about staying fresh when nature calls.
Minimalism is all well and good, but there's a fine balance between doing without and smelling like a homeless person.
There's no reason to feel guilty about being more advanced than your fellow travelers — there's a reason why Bigfoot is the only guy who likes living in the woods anymore. The guy is a total wild man.
When you're in the wild, you need to be prepared for times when a portable camping shower is out of the question. The DUDE Shower gives you a fast and effective way stay fresh and feel like it's Day 1 of your trip.